"It is time to make something new" those are the words of Criterion Games the developers behind games like Burnout and Need for Speed.
Alex Ward boss of the UK developer in a series of tweets told gamers not to get too excited as a new title of NFS, Burnout or other of the studios racer games won't be out that soon.
"Here is what I want folks to know," said Ward. "Some folks are eternally disappointed. Nothing I can do about that. So many tweets asking for new Burnout."
The Night Train: Can't be surprised about that now can we?
"Equally many tweets asking for a new NFS game from us. Also Road Rash. Whilst I love all of those games, I am personally not doing any."
"As a diehard NES gamer in the late '80s UK I was misled by many gaming mags hinting at games to be released," said Ward, adding that "most games did not get a PAL release. Most of the hot stuff was JPN and USA only. Hence I hate to mislead ANYONE."
The Night Train: For that we thank you.
"No point saving up hard earned money for your fave game not to come. Trust me, I have been there." "After over a decade of making racing games it's time to make something new. It is early days thus I have nothing to 'announce' or talk about."
So for now what the studio is making is unknown to us for the fans of NFS we still have good news seems that EA assured the series continue after establishing a studio at Gothenburg known as Ghost that will create new NFS games using the DICE Frosbite engine on which is the new Battlefield 4 running on.

No comments:
Post a Comment